Welcome to the Arun & Rother Rivers Trust website
The Arun & Rother Rivers Trust (ARRT for short) is a registered charity formed in 2011 and is part of a national network of Rivers Trusts.
Our catchment covers 1,490 square kilometres (575 square miles, 149,000 hectares or over 368,000 acres). It is dominated by the chalk ridge of the South Downs and the sand and clay of the Weald, and lies predominantly within the new South Downs National Park.
The Objectives of ARRT
- Protect, conserve, and enhance the rivers, streams, watercourses and water impoundments in the Arun and Rother catchments.
- Preserve and improve the biodiversity within our catchments.
- Through education increase the knowledge of the public of the need and importance of a healthy river environment.
- Recruit volunteers to assist in the conservation, improvement and monitoring of our catchments habitats.
- Work closely with all interested parties to highlight the need for proper water management.