Finance & Admin Manager
Employer: Arun & Rother Rivers Trust (ARRT)
Reports to: Trust Manager
ARRT are seeking to recruit a Finance & Administration Manager on a part time basis for a small but growing charity.
Are you a dynamic and motivated individual with a strong background in finance, looking for your next challenge? Do you have experience of charity financial management?
If so, you may be just who we are looking for.
The Finance & Admin Manger will manage the day-to-day finance operations of the charity including financial planning & analysis, financial reporting.
- Ensure the finances of ARRT are controlled and managed efficiently meeting all legal requirements and standards of good practice in the charity sector.
- Work with Trust Manager to ensure the organisation meets legislative and charity requirements.
- Continually monitor performance against budget, investigate variances to ensure delivery of our operation within agreed budgets.
- Work with the Trust Manager to report on how ARRT is functioning.
- Assist with the preparation of bids for funding and any project statements required by funding bodies.
- Oversee the payroll and the production of salary, tax and pension payments and ensure that payments are accurate and appropriately authorised and recorded.
- Perform administrative duties as required to support Trustees, and staff.
- Prepare regular reports to the Board of trustees and participate in Board meetings.
- Oversee online donation streams and other financial systems.
How to Apply
Your cover letter should detail how you fit the role & person specification and be no longer than two pages.
Applications should be made by midnight 4 February 2024
Interviews will take place week commencing 19 February 2024
Our rivers and estuaries are under suffering. Could you help fight for healthy rivers and shape our charity for the next few years? Are you a leader with a passion for protecting the environment? Do you want to be part of a dynamic team working to preserve one of the most precious resources in our community?
One of the national network of Rivers Trusts, we are focused on the Arun and Rother River Catchment in West Sussex – home to a range of special and rare species and habitats, including Sea trout and otter and rare chalk streams. Our aim is to help improve local water quality and river habitats which are under pressure from climate change, pollution, water abstraction, development and more.
As our Trust matures and grows, we recognise the need to strengthen our board of trustees, specifically with financial experience. As a trustee, you’ll have the opportunity to shape the future of the River Arun catchment and its surrounding environment. You’ll work alongside a dedicated group of individuals to protect and preserve this vital ecosystem.
- Participating in regular meetings and decision making.
- Act as a role model and advocate for the trust.
- Assessing and managing risks.
- Ensuring the trust’s resources are used appropriately.
If you are passionate about protecting the environment, have experience of financial management and want to make a difference in your community, we encourage you to apply to become a trustee, and help us preserve this precious resource for future generations.
We are looking for people with diverse perspectives, so we welcome people with no experience of being a trustee (or lots!).
Get in touch: email@example.com